Sunday, July 29, 2007

Crabby Christmas

images (c) Stampin' Up!, 1990-2007
I LOVE THIS CARD!! I also love that I created it all by my wittle self!! Crab and Co. is one of my all time favorite sets and I'm so glad it made at least the dormant list. If this card hadn't taken me so darn long to make, I would totally use this design for my Christmas cards this year. But, I would be making them until next year considering I send out around 100 cards.
Ok, so I wheeled kraft paper with Whisper White for the base...it looks so cool!! Then, I stamped all images on Naturals white with Stazon and watercolored with WCC and an aqua painter. Every single cutout has some daz. diamonds on it...very pretty! Now for the photo corners, I do not have the new punch yet so I came up with a way to make my own. I punched the 3/4 inch square from a piece or Real Red and then centered this hole and punched the large square. Then I simply cut two corners from this...easy peasy. I then pierced a bunch of holes in the photo corners and voila.
Ok, so I thought this little Sandy Claws should be doing something, so I made some shell garland with linen thread. I cut around the critters claws a bit and it looks like the little guy is holding the garland. Then, the tag is made from chipboard colored with Real Red craft ink and stamped with Whisper White craft ink. I punched a hole and set a white eyelet in the chipboard with my Crop-a-dile and tied some red gingham through the hole. For the finishing touch I put a bit of Crystal Effects on the eyes to make them look a bit googley (my own word). The whole thing just works and it so cute.
Can you tell that I am a bit of a proud mummy on this one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I love that set and forgot that it could be used for Christmas...hmm...that may be the set I use. At least for some of my cards. I made 75 cards last year - you just have to start early...lol!

UrgentCookie said...

That does look like it took a lot of time. It turned out wonderful though!