Tuesday, August 21, 2007

World Card Making Day Charity Event

Well, just yesterday I decided to hold an event at my church for World Card Making Day on October 6. It is amazing what can take shape in one day! I went from having a little 'ole idea in one morning to a huge undertaking the next...Whoo Hoo for me!

So here is the scoop. I am going to donate my time, expertise (ha, ha), supplies, friend, and what ever else is needed to have huge get together to make cards. These cards will all be donated to the Ronald McDonald House and Hope Lodge, both in Rochester, MN. The families who are using these facilities during their cancer treatments will be able to use these cards to send to loved ones.

Why these two charities? Well, Stampin' Up! is a supporter of the RMHC and has a stamp set that is dedicated to this each year. The Hope Lodge is the place where my father and mother are staying while my father goes through radiation treatment at Mayo Medical Center. I wanted to do something worthwhile with my craft and this seemed like a perfect fit for me. I hope it goes well.

So, how can you help, you ask? Well, I have just the thing. If any of you reading my puny little blog want to donate cards to this cause please leave a comment on this post with your email address and I'll let you know where to send your donation to. I promise that anything you want to help out with will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks for reading!!
Kaye

No comments: